Pi-Tech, Inc. performs on-site structural observations for a variety of civil, building, and industrial structures. The scope of these investigations is dependent
on the condition of the structure and the specific needs of our client.
Examples of our typical observations include:
- Establishment of Safe Allowable Load Ratings for Renovation or Re-use of existing structures;
- Foundation and structure inspections to assess structural implications of fire, wind, water, or insect damage;
- Assessment of structural issues identified in a Residential Home Inspection Report;
- Assessment of existing conditions prior to structural modification or addition;
- Assessment of industrial structures subject to corrosive environments; and
- Top to bottom structural inspections in conjunction with industrial property maintenance programs
Corrosion Assessment and Repair
Pi-Tech, Inc. can assess the structural damage associated with corrosion in steel and reinforced concrete structures. Most often these issues arise in industrial environments, building facades, and parking structures.
Our engineers have experience:
- determining the extent of damage present through non-destructive methods;
- designing repairs for steel structures with section loss to meet the required loads;
- designing repairs for spalled and cracked reinforced concrete structures;
- specifying appropriate protective paints/coatings; and
- addressing concerns raised during the repair process.